Mutlaq Bin Saad Al-Mutlaq
GCC Custom Union
Master’s Degree in Economics from Western Illinois University in the United States of America.
Mr. Mutlaq Almutlaq began his career at the Ministry of Finance and National Economy in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in 1989 as a Researcher in Economics and has risen since then through the ranks to assume the role of Director General of International Relations in 2011. During his more the two-decade tenure at the Ministry of Finance and National Economy, Mr. Almutlaq has represented the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in several delegations, forums and boards, including:
- Chaired the Kingdom’s delegation to the Customs Union Committee in relation to establishing a customs union.
- Chaired the Gulf negotiating delegation in relations to rules of origin and customs procedures.
- Served as a member of the Board of Directors of the Saudi Agricultural and Livestock Investment (SALIC).
- Served as a member of the Board of Directors of the Algerian Saudi Investment Company (ASICOM).
- After a successful 24-year journey at the Ministry of Finance and National Economy, Mr. Almutlaq joined the Secretariat General of the Gulf Cooperation Council in 2013 as Director of the Customs Affairs Department.